A homeschooling family's learning adventure as they travel across the country.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Day 17 -- Happy Mother's Day from Pennsylvania!

I awoke at 3:30 a.m. Idaho time (5:30 a.m.) East coast time -- the sun had already peeked its head over the trees and the birds were politely beginning their morning noises. Today is my 16th Mother's Day :-) My sweet children were up wrapping my favorite chocolates in paper towels and trying hard to put breakfast on when I got out of our wee bathroom this morning. I received a lovely card in addition to my fun shopping excursion on Friday in the Amish stores with Isabelle.
I need only to make a phone call to my own Mom and the day will be complete.

We spent the night in the mountains of Pennsylvania -- a state park well off the beaten path but blessedly quiet through the night. On the way out this morning, we were able to read the signs through the various villages we had passed through in near darkness the night before. One historical little town had been established in 1793!!!!! It looked as if a few of the original stone buildings were still standing. It is fascinating to think of being in a place that was just being considered the westward frontier after the Revolutionary War had taken place and expansion was the goal of many.

We are on our way towards Pittsburg for a day's excursion to the Carnegie Museum of Science, which just happens to be conveniently located right across the street from Heinz Stadium -- playing home of the Steelers! Isaac is in his glory. God is good and we are thankful for this time to explore America.

1 comment:

  1. So fun catching up with you all! Prayers for safe travels and lots of fun experiences along the way. Much Love!

    ReplyDelete